Adaptdefy Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Personal Information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
For what purpose do we use your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations) (together, the Services). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your Personal Information
Adaptdefy Limited requires access to Personal Information such as name, address, phone and email details in order to process invoices and payments. It is important to note:
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime, or to otherwise protect our rights
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- provide the Services;
- make the Site available to you; and/or
- meet the purposes for which your Personal Information was collected as set out above
- in an aggregated form (such that no Personal Information is identifiable), for statistical reporting and marketing purposes;
- to provide ancillary services to the Services such as website hosting, data analysis and storage, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, service maintenance, e-mail delivery, credit card processing, auditing, and other similar services;
- for our internal business purposes (including in connection with any audits, professional advice, research, or process and product improvements);
- in connection with a sale of the Adaptdefy business, or if Adaptdefy were to merge with or be acquired by another company. If Adaptdefy were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our privacy standards; and
- to comply with a request from law enforcement authorities. We will provide requested information in compliance with local laws and regulations, and only in the instance and to the extent where we reasonably believe that we are legally required to do so. Where reasonably practicable, we will notify you if a request of this nature has been made in respect of your Personal Information, unless the relevant legal request prevents this.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Linking to other websites / third party content
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
You have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Data retention and Storage
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Services and the Site may be hosted internally or by third party services, and as a result, Personal Information may be processed and stored outside of New Zealand. When we store your Personal Information, or transmit your Personal Information to any other agency, we will ensure that we use such security safeguards, as is reasonable in the circumstances, against loss and unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. Please note that when providing Personal Information via our Site, the transmission is not completely secure and will depend on your browser and internet settings. We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us via our Site and any such transmission is at your own risk.
When you cease to use the Services, and we are no longer being required to comply with any legal obligations that necessitate the retention of Personal Information, we will securely delete your Personal Information.
If you wish to retain a copy of your Personal Information (or any part of it) please contact us using the details under “Contact Us” below, prior to you ceasing to use the Services.
Despite the above we may retain Personal Information in an aggregated and non-identifying form as contemplated in this policy.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not process anyone’s data aged under 16 without their parents/guardians explicit permission. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with Personal Information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Adaptdefy Limited, 13 Winchester Street, Lyttelton, 8082, New Zealand